WEIRDLAND: Jake, theatre and Anna

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jake, theatre and Anna

"Love the pics of "This Is Our Youth". Funny little story actually, I was lucky enough to attend one of the shows of This Is Our Youth when Jake was on stage with the production in London and these pics (The poster especially) bring back fond memories. He was truly magnetic on stage and I look forward to seeing him do more theatre possibly in New York or anywhere on the east coast that I can travel to see, hopefully musical theatre since I am a musical theatre nut. He and Anna were brillant on stage together, I couldn't take my eyes off of them. Jake was an excellent Warren and though I saw other actors portray him during the time the show ran, Jake still reins as my favorite. One thing that really stood out to me was his body language. He moves in a very...fluid motion. And sadly cameras are prohibited so no pics. Sorry guys. I'll just have to live with my memories.

Anyway, that's my little Jake story. I didn't get to meet him or anything sadly, but my seats were decent and I did enjoy his performance very much." Source: Davecullen.com/forum
Jake with Anna Paquin in the play "This is our youth".

Anna Paquin at "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" premiere (05/23/07), she went blonde for Alan Ball's new series "True Blood", in which she'll be Sookie Stackhouse. Alan Ball was also the creator of the series "Six Feet Under", starred by Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher, the art student struggling for her own independence, similar to Jane Burnham played by Thora Birch in "American Beauty".
Jake with Lauren Ambrose on 20th April 2006 in NYC.

5 comments :

heddaparsons said...

I live in the NY area and I am so there if he says yes to this!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Jake and Anna Paquin are lovely.
Heddapersons, even though a trip to New York is unfortunately not included in our plans for this coming fall, the idea of Jake's fans in and around NY being able to see Jake on stage, absolutely excites me..!

Elena said...

Ditto, Penny Lane, today I read that Kevin Spacey could decide to put end to his movie career and concentrate exclusively in his theatre projects in London. I think this would be a challenging experience for Jake.

Anonymous said...

I don't want Kevin and Jake to do theatre for the (selfish) reason that I won't get to see them.The movies are my only connection with these talented actors :(

Elena said...

^^That's what my husband said!