WEIRDLAND: Robert Pattinson - AnOther Man

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Robert Pattinson - AnOther Man

Robert Pattinson wearing a Schott NYC Perfecto Classic 618 Leather Biker Jacket.* The Original heritage biker jacket made first in 1928 nearly 40 years before Harley Davidson made their verson.

* Made famous on the screen by cult actor Marlon Brando in "The Wild Ones" which focused on the rebellion rise of Rock and Roll, fast cars and oversized, over-powered motorbikes. Perfecto was the perfect motocycle jacket and the only true original.
Robert Pattinson in AnOther Man mag photoshoot, October 2009.

"Here is an excerpt from the Robert Pattinson feature written by Dave Calhoun.

Was Pattinson aware of the loyalty of fans of the Twilight books? It looks like the sort of obsessive fandom that can turn into anger and even hatred when an adaptation isn’t to their liking. Did he know what he was letting himself in for? “It’s strange because even though the figures show that the books were successful and sold millions of copies, you couldn’t even buy them in London. I tried a couple of bookshops and they weren’t available. Hardly anyone I knew had read them apart from one girl, a friend of my sister. I had no idea at all. I’d seen Kristen Stewart in Into the Wild and some of the director Catherine Hardwicke’s other films, and that’s all I thought it was, something really small.”

His manner is very laid back. He doesn’t sound thrusting or ambitious, more like he’s just going with the flow and enjoying things. Is he going to harness his newfound fame and box-office appeal to approach the kind of filmmakers he wants to work with in the future? He’s not so sure. “Annoyingly, there are so few parts I feel I can add anything to, or that I want to do.” But he knows what he doesn’t need. “I don’t want to be an actor for the sake of it. I don’t find any particular pleasure in being an attention-seeker.”
Source: www.dazeddigital.com

No comments :