WEIRDLAND: Amanda Seyfried excited about working with Catherine Hardwicke

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Amanda Seyfried excited about working with Catherine Hardwicke

Amanda Seyfried - (TRIBECA PORTRAITS 2010)

"Now that she’s been assured that “The Girl With the Red Riding Hood” would be no “Twilight”, Amanda Seyfried is all in for shooting the lead role in the “super sexy” retelling of the classic Brothers Grimm fairy tale, directed by Catherine Hardwicke. But Seyfried, who will next be seen in the romantic flick “Letters to Juliet, admitted to feeling a bit intimidated by the news that Julie Christie and Gary Oldman are in talks to join the cast.


“[Oldman and Christie are] are in talks,” she told MTV News. “I mean, come on, that’s ridiculous. That’s amazing. And it’s final this week: They finalized the casting for my [one] love interest [to be played by Shiloh Fernandez] and they finalized the casting for my other love interest, [Max Irons].”

Seyfried is excited to begin working with Hardwicke when filming begins in July. “She is ridiculous,” she praised. “[She's got a] really cool vision.”

Catherine Hardwicke with "Lords of Dogtown" casting: Rebecca De Mornay, Emile Hirsch, Michael Angarano, John Robinson, etc.Amanda Seyfried & Emile Hirsch attending "LORDS OF DOGTOWN" LA Premiere, May 2005

Still, the actress said that though she’d met Hardwicke before, she wasn’t about to jump into the project without making sure it was right for her. “I’m always kind of careful about what I choose,” Seyfried said. “I had known her kind of a little bit before, when I was dating Emile Hirsch, and I had been to her house before. That was years ago. And when I had met with her again, she talked about this movie. I completely fell in love with her idea and trusted her form that moment on, and I’m like, ‘Yeah, I’m down.’
Source: www.mtv.com

No comments :