WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal: active as part of his daily insanity

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal: active as part of his daily insanity

Jake Gyllenhaal attending Washington Capitals Vs Montreal Canadians Game on 21st April 2010.

Jake Gyllenhaal in GQ Rusia magazine cover, March 2010 issue.

“[I] never did anything this intensive before [to change my body]. It’s a physical role. And when I commit to playing a part, it’s 110 percent,” said the 29-year-old actor. “We worked really closely with David Belle, who invented Parkour. I worked with a lot of gymnasts. I started jumping off of a lot of things that were padded and learned the fundamental stuff, and then slowly started working on harder surfaces, really carefully. And I’d say, ‘OK, I’ll try it,’ and then I’d say, ‘OH GOD. OH, please.’ But then I’d get it, and we’d go a little further and a little longer and a little higher and just kept it up,” explained Gyllenhaal, who did many of his own stunts during filming, even scaring himself at some points. “It got a little bit dicey there near the end, when they saw that I liked doing things that were dangerous. I tried my hand at things that were pushing it a little bit. There was this big 35 foot jump that I did that got a little hairy.” So now that the movie’s wrapped, is it just a matter of time before the big guns disappear? Says Gyllenhaal, “I enjoy being active as part of my daily insanity anyway, so I’ll keep doing that.” – reporting by Susan Young Source: stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com

"Jake Gyllenhaal embodies an action star – literally – in his new movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, according to his costar Gemma Arterton.
"He has so much action, but he does really well at it," Arterton says in a video promoting the movie, due in theaters May 28. "He's a bit of an action figure himself, I think."
Gyllenhaal, 29, who plays the Prince of Dastan, definitely has an action figure physique for his role.

But does Gyllenhaal really believe in fate? He just might. "I think there are signs all along the way throughout our life that tell us things that we can either pay attention to – or not," he says.
Source: www.people.com

No comments :