WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal trying to practice mindfulness and meditate

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal trying to practice mindfulness and meditate

Jake Gyllenhaal - Publicity stills of "Prince of Persia:
The Sands of Time". Courtesy of Iheartjakemedia.com.


Jake Gyllenhaal On being single again:
“It’s…it’s okay…. It goes in either direction. I think it’s important for every man to find the right woman and every woman to find the right man…. Who am I to say what the most important thing in life is? The best answer I could give to any of those things is that I really don’t know. Particularly right now in my life.”

On his parents’ divorce:
“I think it takes a lot of courage for my parents to make the decision that they made, and I I trust both of them and their outlook on life. They’re wonderful parents to me and my sister.”

On his love for his family:
“Family … my family, you know … I love them … whatever they do, whatever they are … I love them … you’re actually going to make me cry…”

A spiritual guy, he has been quoted as saying, “I am not a card-carrying Buddhist, but I do try to practice mindfulness” and it is his goal to meditate every day. His dad Swedish and mom Jewish, his Bar Mitzvah celebration took place at a homeless shelter because his parents wanted to instill in him a sense of gratitude for his privileged lifestyle".
Source: www.astrochicks.com

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton in PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME (2010) - WE MAKE OUR OWN DESTINY: BEHIND THE-SCENES

"Coinciding with the release of the Jake Gyllenhaal-starring Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie, Ubisoft will be launching a brand new Prince of Persia adventure on just about every console under the sun, including the DS and PSP.
The game ignores all that cel-shaded and colourful-scarf-based nonsense of 2008's Prince of Persia, instead going back to the Arabian Nights, brooding Prince and fistful of time-rewinding sand style of the last generation's Persia games". Source: www.pocketgamer.co.uk

Gemma Arterton in InStyle magazine photoshoot, May 2010 issue.

No comments :